Wednesday, March 11, 2009

still not running

But, I did get up this morning and walk. 5 am! I walked over a mile and a half. I'm embarrassed to admit it took me over a half an hour. I'm so out of shape! Of course, even when I was much thinner in college, a mile took me over 15 minutes. The college tested us and I had to take a half-semester of a fitness class in order to graduate (I did water aerobics). We didn't have much of a core curriculum, but the Wellness components were there.

I'll be walking again tomorrow. My goal is to improve my fitness level in the next few weeks so that I can start running in early April. If all goes to plan, I hope to be able to run with my company at the Chase Corporate Challenge June 10 or 11.

I told Hubby last night that I was going to get up early this morning to walk and that if it went well in a few weeks I would try to jog. He said he didn't think that would be a good idea with my feet. I said I was going to try and if it hurt, I would stop. I don't know why he thinks I'm going to do something that hurts, I'm totally not that person.

No comments: